WILL YOU BE LEXI’S VOICE?
We hope you will join us in being Lexi’s voice. There are many ways you can help. Here are 15 suggestions to help be a voice for Lexi. A lot of the world still doesn’t know what’s going on. It’s up to you to help. We ask that you join us in our fight to bring Lexi home.
- Sign & Share the Petition: Our goal is to hit 1 million signatures. This petition helps to show that the world wants to be Lexi’s voice. This will help Lexi and many other kids who are being adversely impacted by an often misused law, ICWA. www.LexiPetition.com
- Elected Officials: Write or call your Congressman and ask him/her to take a long hard look at the Indian Child Welfare Act and how it is being used to tear apart loving, stable families. Ask them to be a voice for Lexi and support legislation to fix ICWA.
- Know the facts: It is very important that everyone know the facts of the case, we have made both a timeline and a fact sheet—all of this information is taken directly from a public court record. Truth speaks for itself.
- Donate: Consider a donation to the Save Our Lexi Legal Fund. This legal battle is for Lexi’s best interest and to ensure she comes back home to her family. Funds will allow us to support the Page family as they continue their appeals process to bring their daughter back home.
- Go Social: Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to show your support for Lexi and to help raise awareness about ICWA and it’s devastating grip on innocent children – children like Lexi who are only 1.5% Native American.
- Paint your car: Head to the store and get window paint to “tag” your car to Bring Lexi Home—be sure to include SaveOurLexi.com & #BringLexiHome. Then post a picture to your FB and our support page.
- Spread some signs: Go to bringlexihomeshirts.com/graphics and download your favorite graphic. Print it off on 8.5 x 11 (or bigger), then with tape and your signs, head off to some of your favorite restaurants, stores, gas stations, etc and ask them if you can post the sign in their front window.
- Wear the word: Get a #BringLexiHome shirt, magnet and wristband for you and your friends/family at BringLexiHomeShirts.com. (magnets & wristbands arriving soon) Be sure to post pictures of you wearing them. Also encourage your friends to get their own—remember, this is not a fundraising effort, but a great way to get the word out! Be prepared to talk.
- Brand your house: Make a yard sign using the graphics at bringlexihomeshirts.com/graphics to post in your front yard or window.
- Church Spread: Ask your church to announce through email and in fellowship groups about the #BringLexiHome story. Ask them to encourage others to sign the petition as well as share it with others. If you would like a template for an email with facts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work Spread: Ask your work to send out an email blast with Lexi’s story as well as the petition. If you would like a template for an email with facts, please contact email@example.com. (if you have any “blast” email address you’re associated with, consider adding Lexi’s cause to it)
- Pray: Hold prayer meetings and commit to personal prayer for Lexi at each meal.
- Spread the word: Please commit to telling ten people a day that you haven’t already told. Encourage those ten people to sign the petition right then and there. Head to bringlexihomeshirts.com/graphics to download a printable business card sheet. Take these business cards to the store, restaurants, parks or anywhere you go to spread the word.
- Artwork: Have your kids get some chalk and write in your driveway and on your sidewalks pictures for Lexi as well as the phrase #BringLexiHome – Post what you can.
- Respect: Please be sure that all comments are civil and encouraging. Remember, this is all about Lexi and what’s best for her. Proverbs 15:1 – “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”